Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Heat Wave!

Wow!  So it has been over 90 degrees almost every day for weeks, I think it has been 90+ since the beginning of June.  This heat has made training interesting, but it is getting better.  When I first attempted to run in the heat a 10 minute mile for 1 mile had me thinking about turning around, now I'll run 4-6 miles, and so long as I pace myself, I'm fine.  Today I was retarded and felt really good and ended up running about 8:03 for a bit and then paid for it in the end.  I was keeping 9 minute miles for the first mile then was like, hey I feel good just keep running, and dropped to 8 minute miles.  After that I slowed up for a second and getting started was not going to be a thing.  The next two miles hurt like crazy, namely the last mile.  It was rather rough.  I still ended up averaging about a 10 minute mile over all but it was still crazy hot and I felt like shizen.  I'm getting better though so it's ok.

On the plan for tonight is a 30-40 mile bike ride and a potential 2 mile run depending on what time it is.  Red and I are wanting to go to Lebanon for fireworks this evening :D  I love fireworks!

Since tomorrow is officially Independence Day Red has the entire day off!  I, unfortunately do not, but that's because sick people still need hospitals no matter what day or time it is.  I don't have to work until 7pm though so we're thinking about taking a bit in the morning and doing a baby tri essentially in training.  We're going to swim about a mile, then bike maybe 40, and depending on time and heat, we'll run probably 3-6 miles, again, that depends on how hot it is and the temperature.

I hope that everyone has a great July 4th!  Stay safe!  I hope everyone gets to watch some fireworks this year even though a lot of them have been canceled due to the lack of rain lately so everything is REALLY dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment