Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I need to learn to schedule better

So....I suck at scheduling my life.  Two weeks ago I only had to work 2 days during the week and I cleaned the house and was fairly productive on that front.  I also did a lot of training and felt like I got a decent amount of stuff accomplished, except none of it was really "top priority".  Yep, I didn't do a whole lot in the realm of wedding planning, training planning, Master's program application, GRE studying, or any quilt projects.  Last week I did a few more things that were slightly more important than cleaning and such, but not a whole lot.  I worked 32 hours as opposed to 24 which was nice, but I just trained a lot and worked.  When did I choose to make wedding appointments, take the GRE, add more training, and study?  The week I work 41 sporadic hours. Yep. Not my best move.

Working 41 hours isn't that bad, it's the timing that kills everything else during the week.  I work third which means that during the day I'm sleeping and I'm awake most the time at night.  On days I don't work I'm usually napping for the next time I work, or frantically trying to get stuff done around the house.  This week my schedule was a little on the retarded side, I made it so I shouldn't complain.  I worked  Thursday, Friday, Saturday, slept most of Sunday, ran errands, slept in Monday, work Monday night (now), then will sleep on Tuesday, go for a bike ride and go to bed early.  I then work on Wednesday where I will have to nap part way through the day, I'm off all of Thursday but I will be sleeping most of it because I worked Wednesday night.  Oh, and I won't sleep all of it because I am taking my flower girl to get her dress in Dayton Thursday at 11am, I get off work at 7:30am, she better behave or else this could be disasterous.  After that I get to go home and sleep until Red gets home and then we're heading to the jeweler to pick out our wedding rings.  Friday I take the GRE at noon then I picked up 7-11 that night where I need to go to bed early because Red and I are getting up at 7am the next day to go to Caesar's Creek for a long S-B-R brick.  I have to make it a fast brick though because I then work all weekend, Sat, Sun, Mon again.  This was definitely not thought through. 

Ok, well that was my little rant.  On a more positive note I am getting much faster on my bike! I went for a ride with Red and his friend from work Super Steve and I took a turn pulling and kept the pace at 22mph for the whole 2.5 miles!  I know it may not sound like a lot, but I'm proud to be able to pull at all let alone be able to do it at 22mph on my own!  Yesterday Red and I went to the trail with the intention of doing a 50 mile ride.  Well I was grumpy because I was hot and wanted to play at the water park at Kings Island, I'm 4'11" I'm allowed to act like a small child and never grow up, and Red had already done a long work out earlier that morning, so when it came time for my work out I was no longer interested.  Top it off with working the past 3 nights and I was done.  I ended up getting cranky and turning my 50 mile ride into a 10 mile time trial, and actually it wasn't that bad!  I ended up averaging 18.3 all on my little lonesome and that includes the stops at the roads which were every 2 miles, literally, so I'm not upset at that time at all. I know I can do better than that though because I was fighting my Qdoba the whole way because I was silly and thought that it would digest in the 30 minutes from Qdoba to starting the ride at the trail.  Silly midget.  Meh, I was still happy for my average and am ready to attempt to beat it the next time I'm grumpy.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a 40 mile bike whenever I wake up and Red gets off work.  At this moment I'm considering turning it into a mini brick with a 2 mile run after the bike just to shake things up a bit.  We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment