Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Holy Keurig Batman!

Ok, well now you know I have a Keurig!  I am 100% positive that my productivity is going up about 100-fold throughout the house BUT my ADD has gone through the roof...SHINY!! Meanwhile.  So this past weekend was more training, as usual, but I was at my mom's house and it was also my Bridal Shower this weekend!  My sister is 5 years younger than me, not too many of her friends are getting married right now so she hasn't been to many (read as any) bridal showers.  She put together a very nice shower with awesome food, fun games, and as always, lots of entertainment.  My sister is HILARIOUS!  She's also incredibly crafty and driven.  When Red finally proposed Sam (sister) didn't give me an option and claimed Maid of Honor right then and there, that was fine I just found it funny how aggressively she took hold of the title and how awesome she has been with it.  I hate planning, Sam is a planning fiend, when I get frustrated with all of this wedding nonsense she is the first one to step up and start looking, reassuring, helping, anything I need.  Well she coordinated a Bridal Shower that involved some rather opposing groups and people who never knew each other.  Everyone got a long peachy, every one was laughing the whole time, and we had some awesome cupcakes and cake that Sam made and decorated.  

Sample of her decorating skills :D

Meanwhile, while my family was organizing the gathering of two families, some ex wives and current girlfriends, friends from out of town, and general shower nonsense, I wasn't supposed to help, or at least that's what I was told.  So the morning of my shower instead of rushing around like they were trying to get everything done, I went for a nice long run around my mom's house.  Her road is open hilly country road, it's quite nice because it's so different from Cincinnati.  I really do not like Cincy, it's far too busy for me and way too crowded.  But either way, going back to my mom's in the middle of no where is a very nice change in scenery!

Part of my stretch of road :D

It makes me happy to run up and down mom's road, around the country blocks, and such.  When most people think of "around the block" they think of sidewalks, lots of houses, and what not. Around here "around the block" is at least 5 miles and 99.9% is farmland scattered with a few houses.  It's glorious!  

The coolest part about running at my mom's is coming home to my Zo pup and playing fetch with her on 5 acres.  She loves all of the extra room to run and just hang out!

The single coolest dog on the planet!  I don't care how cool you think your dog is because you're wrong, mine is the absolute best.  Totally biased but totally right. She had been looking at the camera right before I took the pic but of course moved.

Well after all of this tomfoolery was over I finally showered and was allowed to help set up some of my shower.  Mom, grandma, and Sam had most of it done, but they finally let me help!  Everyone showed up to my shower and the laughs and fun times began!  I received a lot of cool gifts, far more than I ever anticipated getting for a shower, and loved everything and everyone!  I'm getting stuff put away slowly yet surely and my new Keurig and I are becoming the best of friends.  I now have roughly 100 K-cup things of a variety of flavors and I fully intend to try every single one as soon as possible.  I am positive this is why my new resting heart rate is over 100bpm but that's ok, just means I get stuff done faster!  :D  Ok, back to being productive and getting ready to work out today!  I ran yesterday and plan on biking this evening.  I would like to get in the pool sometime but for some reason going to the pool seems to take so much more effort than getting ready to bike or run.  Later!

Happy training!



No comments:

Post a Comment