Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's Been A While....

So, it's been almost two months since my last post.  I think I'm slacking just a tad bit. I have a good excuse though I promise!  July was a busy month with all the wedding-ing and honeymoney-ing that I had going on.  My bridesmaids were awesome and started trickling in the week before my wedding, then the actual wedding happened, then lots of traveling/hiking/nonsense for about 2 weeks then back to work.  I picked up a bunch of hours to make up for the fact that I hadn't worked in nearly 3 weeks and then we had to get back into severe training mode, so that's the long and short as to why this blog has essentially been abandoned for the last couple months. 

Run down of the wedding.  AWESOME bridesmaids :D Sam (my seester), Rowena (essentially my seester aka best friend since 6th grade), Danielle (cool roommate from California), and Eliza (cool roommate from Missouri all came reading and rearing to go for our adventures and craziness for the next few days.  Danielle and Eliza weren't technically my roommates, but I took over their room so often that I just claim them as my own anyway :P.  Meanwhile, I was told I was weird because I went nearly the entire time of the wedding prep and wedding without a melt down.  I did, however, have a quick melt down thanks to a certain someone deciding that they needed an invitation on a silver platter handed to them or else they weren't coming to the wedding.  They did not get their requested royalty delivered invite, but they did get an invite nonetheless, but threw a tantrum and didn't tell me they weren't coming until I asked them the night of the rehearsal dinner.  They then proceeded to tell me they weren't coming because they essentially weren't getting their way and what they felt was their role in the whole event and that I wasn't special and shouldn't get special treatment in my wedding.  This person also went on to upset and insult my sister, which made me pleased as punch, so yes.  That caused a small melt down, which was understandable.  ANYWAY.  After all that everything went off without a hitch and it was all beautiful, fun, and splendid.  The reception was a ton of fun, great food, and lots and lots and lots of friends!  I loved it!

After the wedding shenanigans we met a lot of our out of town guests on Sunday for breakfast then started heading our separate ways.  Monday and Tuesday Red still had to work so we didn't leave for our crazy honeymoon until Tuesday afternoon.  We flew into Vegas late at night then drove to Zion National Park Wednesday morning.  Hung out there a few days, hiked the Narrows, 16 miles in a gorgeous/dangerous canyon, in one day.  Went to Bryce for a day and a half, did a 4 hour horseback ride while we were there.  I love horses so this was my favorite part, Red hates horses so this was his least favorite part. :D  We then wandered on over to the Grand Canyon and stayed at the North Rim, highly recommend, until we hiked Rim2Rim in one day, not recommended.  The last 4 miles of Rim2Rim are RIDICULOUS, essentially straight up and is incredibly rough after you've done 20+miles before this climb.  We spent the night at the South Rim which was amazing after camping for the better part of two weeks before taking a shuttle back to the North Rim.  We were going to stay there again, but our cabin was like a scene from the movie Arachnophobia, so we chose to start our drive back to Vegas a night early.  We ended up sleeping for a whopping 6 hours in St. George before continuing on to Vegas for one last night.  We saw Ka and the Blue Man Group before heading back to good ol' Ohio, yippee.  We landed at 11:00am on Saturday and I had to work 7p-7a both Saturday and Sunday night, no me gusta. 

Since then we have been busting out the training and getting back into shape for our Ironman.  We are now a terrifying 8 weeks out from D-day and hitting the ground running.  The past 4 weeks have been 100+ mile weeks for run-bike-swim, and that looks to be the M.O. for the forseeable future.  This Friday I have a 6 hour training day which FORTUNATELY I have picked up a training buddy for the last hour.  My friend from work jumped on the idea of cheering/dragging/jogging me through my last 6 miles of running AFTER I bike 75 miles and swim a mile.  yep, that's going to be a rough day, but it'll have a refreshing ending of finally having something else to listen to other than my headphones and my body flipping me the patella. I have to say that I actually do enjoy my training and am getting incredibly excited/nervous about my race.  This is going to be amazing, challenging, and insane, but tons of fun no matter what way you look at it.  My goal is to finish strong and not feel like death when I cross the finish line.  Red and I are both hoping to beat each other but will only feel good about beating each other so long as the other one isn't curled up in the fetal position in a ditch.  Red is hoping that my short attention span is my undoing, while I hope that well...Red reads my blog so I'll just let him guess :D

Happy training!  I'll try to post more frequently and keep everyone updated on the latest and greatest sweatfest known as Ironman training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment