Thursday, January 30, 2014

Why Running is the Best Feeling Ever

As a Personal Trainer I get asked daily why I love doing what I do.  Why do I love to work out?  Why do I love to run?  Why do I want to help other people do those same things?  All of these things make me feel better and keep me sane.  I absolutely love the feeling of running.  I'm typically away from people, or only around people I really truly like to be around because we can talk about the same things or they know when to just be quiet and run.  When Red and I first started dating he would bike next to me while I ran and we would go all over down town Cincinnati.  We had some of the best conversations during those runs.  I think running together was the perfect way to get to know each other better.  We could just enjoy each others company, talk about whatever we wanted, and get to know how the other would react if something went wrong.  Be it a twisted ankle, needing water, bonking, or just needing to vent.  Running provided a great escape from the rest of the world.  

Today running is my therapy.  I can clear my head, empty my heart of my problems, and just run.  It helps to have great running buddies because they can help talk you through your problems, cheer you up, or just let you cry.  I enjoy working out, I really do, and I love swimming.  But there is something about running that makes me feel better.  After work I sometimes feel drained and just want to go away and not deal with anyone, sometimes you just need to be left alone.  Today during my run I was able to have company, but be alone at the same time.  I was able to vent, cry, laugh, and talk out a lot of things that bug me or just needed to be talked out and now I feel 100 times better.  I feel better now after running 6 miles than I did when I first woke up this morning.  I'm not a morning person, so that isn't saying much but you get my point.  After running you start to appreciate things a little bit more too.  Water tastes AMAZING.  After sprints you realize how much better air feels when you get to the end.  Running is freeing and refreshing.  If you say you hate running then you're clearly doing it for the wrong reasons.  For me running is one of the single best feelings in the world and I am positive that this winter is going to cause me to lose my mind if I can't get outside and run more often.  Do you hear that Winter?!  I need you to go away!!  We would all like it if you could go away, you've more than filled your quota for this year, please bugger off!

No comments:

Post a Comment