Saturday, May 3, 2014

Update with pictures and some words

So I just realized that I haven't blogged in over a month.  I've been pretty preoccupied and also haven't had that much to actually blog about.  I've been training, working, training, working, and oh yeah...training.  I did get to hang out with my cousins for their birthdays.

Dave let it "slip" that it was Kiley's birthday when we went to the Dayton Dragon's game, so all the entertaining people and Gem gathered around Kiley and sang to her!

The birthday girl!

It's FINALLY getting nice enough to sit outside and relax, whenever I have time.

My new wetsuit came yesterday, so I'll be able to get some open water swimming in since it's all been inside lap swimming.

My beautiful puppy dog hanging out after playing some frisbee.

Red bought a Wahoo Fitness Trainer with his tax return.  It's quite useful.  This was my ride a while back, so I kind of wonder what I can do now :)
I used to love Asics shoes, but the last couple of years they have been changing their designs and they just aren't comfy any more.  I ran in Mizuno all last season and did great.  I changed back to Asics for a little while this year (you can see my Asic Noosa Tris in the bottom left of the pic) and ended up with foot pain and I couldn't get it to go away.  I switched back to Mizuno and my problems have gone away.  The pink ones are the Sayonaras and will be my race shoes, the green ones are the riders and will be my distance shoes.  

That's pretty much all I've been up to!  I have the Flying Pig Half Marathon tomorrow morning, high of 70, 40% chance of rain, and a morning low of 48 for the start.  It's kind of chilly but not terrible.  Two weeks after that I'll be down in Knoxville, TN for the first tri of the season.  Rev 3 Knoxville 70.3 is May 18th.  

Outside of that I've been dealing with not having my Grandma to talk to on a regular basis, seeing constant reminders of how much she cared about us, and loving that the hostas she gave me are growing just fine.  I had a bad day at work the other day and really wanted to talk to her.  I was less than happy but I could hear her clear as day say "I'm so proud of you sweetie, you're doing great and I'm glad you've found this job.  I'm very proud of you, I'm proud of all my grandkids, but you're doing great and it's all going to be ok".  That's it!  It's all going to be ok.  Tomorrow I'll run with a good friend, get to try out my new wetsuit after the race, and just enjoy some sunshine in general.

Go train happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment