Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The easiest Teriyaki chicken and rice meal ever!

Ok, so I'm all about efficiency and multi-tasking.  I also actually really love to cook, and I'm getting a lot better at it!  So the fact that I've successfully made a recipe multiple times in a row all with positive results is awesome!  I love chicken, rice, and teriyaki sauce, so it made sense to put them all together for a change.

I use the Lawry's Teriyaki marinade, white rice, a whole chicken breast, and kroger brand teriyaki sauce.  I follow the instructions on my rice and this time cut it in half:

3/4 C rice + 1 C water, bring the water and rice to a boil, cover your pot and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes depending on how big your pot is.  After the water is absorbed then take it off the heat and let it sit.

While the rice is cooking I am marinading the chicken, in this case I cut it up into chunks before marinading, it saves me time after it's done cooking.  When my rice is setting up I start cooking the chicken until it's done all the way.  Add the rice to the chicken, add the thinner teriyaki sauce, mix together, and enjoy.

Another super easy thing that I've been enjoying is my egg muffins.  Mix up 6 eggs, add in bacon, cheese, or whatever you want with your eggs.  Pour into a sprayed muffin pan (1 egg per muffin spot for an easy measurement), bake at 350 for 20 minutes, and voila!  You have breakfast.  I eat two of my muffins each morning.  They're super easy to handle and they keep for 5-6 days.  I normally just make out however many I need to get through my super early mornings at work.  When I have to get up and around and be at work by 5, the fewer things that need done in the morning, the better.  When I don't have to go in until 6:30 or 7, I'm much more functional, so cooking a little or organizing in the morning isn't too bad.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment