Friday, March 23, 2012

Slacking or recovering?

So last week I killed it and had over 100 miles of training.  This week I have a whopping grand total of 43.5 miles.  I worked a lot more this week which cut into my training but I also haven't been pushing as much.  Last week I made time out of no where to train and this week I feel like I haven't done squat.  I'll make up for it some tomorrow by hopefully running 16 miles (weather permitting) but we'll see what happens.  Yesterday I went for a 36 mile bike ride and felt great!  My run on Wednesday was 7.5 miles and I felt wonderful during it too.  I think I'm going to try making this a habit if training permits, I'll have one really hard week followed by one easier week.  I know that my hard and easier weeks will vary and there is a strong possibility that my easy weeks will eventually look like my current hard weeks, and that's ok with me.  I plan on racing a marathon in May and also a Full Ironman in November, so I better put the miles in or else these races will simply be survival distances and not actual competitions.

Something that I've been working on is nutrition and I think that I'm getting closer to what I like and what's a good amount to eat during my workouts.  Yesterday I discovered how good Orange GU Chomps taste and I'm very happy with that discovery!  I think I need to slow down my intake though because even though I felt great on the bike I felt kind of bleh when we were done.

Ok, well time to get ready for bed because I have 16 miles to run in the morning and then I get to work the next 3 nights in a row.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment