Tuesday, March 4, 2014

And We're Off!

The 2014 Race season is about to officially begin!  Felix (my bike) has been spending more time in the living room, enjoying some good quality TV time, a little more sweat than he's used to, and A LOT of post-it-notes stuck to him.  I feel a lot better when I can organize my training and racing life, and post-its certainly help on that end.  I have colors for different training days, my races are signed up for and posted, and my rest days are left noticeably blank.  Yesterday I officially registered for my two Half Marathons coming up this spring, I have a Half Ironman figured out, and IRONMAN WISCONSIN training is a full go.   I realize it's only March, but seriously, I'm going to go 140.6 miles in September, non-stop, as fast as I can...training now sounds really good.

My Calendar for March:


Blues are swims, Pinks are speed/track work, greens are bikes, red numbers are runs.  Wednesdays are blank but there is an "optional" 1000m swim each Wednesday just to get another swim on the board, but nothing ridiculous since it's supposed to be an active recovery day.

Half Marathon Xenia - April 6th

Flying Pig Half Marathon - May 4th

Rev3 Knoxville 70.3 - May 18th

Ironman Muncie 70.3 - July 12

Ironman Wisconsin 140.6 - September 7th

I'm looking to add a couple of either sprint or olympic distances in here because they'll help with building speed, plus they're fun!

Ok, off to swim again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment