Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ohio has missed the memo, but I'm ok with it!

So, currently living and training in Ohio hasn't been too terrible!  Last year we had a couple feet of snow, freezing wind, and constant cold temperatures for the majority of December - March.  This year I think Ohio is making up for last year and decided that it's tired of snow and cold weather just like the rest of us.  Today it was gorgeous outside, enough so that when I went on a nice 5 mile run with Red I only needed to wear shorts and a tshirt really.  I wore a really light long sleeve shirt over the t-shirt just because the wind was really chilly, after the first mile I had my sleeves rolled up and considered taking it off.  My only complaint for this run was that my left calf just could not decide if it wanted to be tight and seize up or if it would just relax and enjoy the run.  I noticed when I ran with longer strides that it chilled out and went with the program better than when I had shorter strides.  I also got to thinking that my nutrition, though Monday was sorely lacking, still needs a slight revamp.  I just realized that it's been forever since I ate bananas on a regular basis.  I know when I ate at least one banana every day I felt better, more awake, and never had an issue with cramping.  I think it's time to get back to that.  Another thing that I've been toying with is the idea of a "gluten free" diet.  I have no idea how I would pull that off because I LOVE pasta and bread, but it may be worth a look.  I may see if I can possibly cut back on the whole gluten idea of my food but we'll see how well that works.  I've read that a lot of people feel better and athletes say that they recover faster after intense workouts when they follow a gluten free, or gluten light, diet.  I may give it a shot.

On another note I'm sitting here on my couch attempting to decide if I want to work out again and lift or swim tonight...or I could go run some errands and relax the rest of the evening.  I know, I know, I know....I need to just relax and enjoy the evening.  But to me working out is kind of a relaxing method.  Gah!  To be lazy and relax for the evening or to work out and then relax for the evening.  Hmmm....I'll let you know what I decide.

The way things are looking right now, I may just gather up my pup and head out for a walk.  It's nice enough for just a light jacket and my Zoey loves to be outside.  May be the best of both worlds without having a lot of effort involved.  Plus this will get Zo outside.  I really want to get her back in shape so she can do trail running with me this spring and summer! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment