Friday, February 24, 2012

Working out then relaxing

Update from Wednesday!  Ok, well last I posted I wasn't certain if I was going to go to the gym or lounge about.  I decided that lifting at the gym was a much better way to spend my evening.  Well now two days later and my shoulders are still reminding me of my decision.  I decided that after working a 12 hour shift yesterday that I would listen to my shoulders and take the day off.  It also helped that Ohio decided to get the memo about it being February.  Yesterday it cooled down a lot thanks to a crazy wind that lasted all last night and the majority of today.  With that wind some snow thought it would be fun to show up and seal the deal on me staying inside and doing a whole lot of nothing.  My shoulders are still sore so swimming is temporarily out and lifting just doesn't sound like something I want to do at this precise moment.  My lifting involved:

Flat Bench: 3 x 10
Free motion fly machine: 3 x 10
Dips: 3x10
Curls: 3x10
Reverse curls: 3x10
Kettle slashers: 2x10 (per side)
100 regular crunches
50 side crunches w/leg raise (25/side)
Weighted Declined Sit Ups: 3 x 10

I'm positive that the thing that did my shoulders in was the dip machine.  It's ok, after more training and lifting I'll be breezing through this workout without a problem, at which point I'll probably be switching workouts so my muscles don't just get used to it. 

Since I haven't done anything Thursday or Friday I'm planning a 10 mile run downtown tomorrow morning with Red.  After that it will be shower, lunch, then sleep some more because tomorrow night I have my first third shift at West Chester.  I really enjoyed first shift but it takes up my ENTIRE day.  I'm looking forward to working all night then sleeping a while and training/cleaning/being productive the rest of the day.  I'm also looking at a better way to train and get better with my time management and organizing my training workouts to make myself more accountable and keep moving!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment