Saturday, April 21, 2012

Training ADD

So after doing the Tough Mudder this past weekend I didn't really feel like training much this week, but I did anyway.  First my normal training partner, Red, was hurt and couldn't train with me which killed some motivation, but also I worked therefore needing to sleep which also killed some trianing.  My strong motivator was the BEAUTIFUL weather we had!  Sunny, warm, no rain, and very little wind = great training weather.  I did brick work outs Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday was a 41 mile bike followed by a 4 mile run and Thursday was a 700 yd swim followed by a 34 mile bike.  I originally planned on swimming about 2400 but realized that my inhaler was in my bike pouch after jumping in so I only swam until I felt uncomfortable and didn't push it.  On a cool note though I dropped 4lbs since last week.  I think between the Tough Mudder and nearly 80 miles in 2 days that my body was dropping fat like crazy.  I'm ok with this.  We'll see if this trend keeps up because if it does I'm going to have to alter my nutrition a bit to keep from getting too low.  My goal race weight is somewhere between 102 and 105 lbs, that sounds really light but considering the fact that I am only 4' 11" it's not that bad.  I was in my best shape and leanest a couple of years ago at 102lbs.  I like that weight but it's not seriously a huge goal to get to it, so long as my clothes fit, I continue to get stronger and faster, I don't really care what I weigh.  I just thought it was interesting that I dropped weight like that, not complaining though :D

No comments:

Post a Comment