Thursday, November 17, 2011

Food!

So I know that working out makes me hungry but I've found a way to fulfill that hunger and eat healthy!  Eating healthy is definitely one of my overall goals for my training, and actually for my life, but it tastes good, looks good, and feels good.  I was starving after my workout yesterday morning so I had my "shaka", it's just chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast with original Silk soy milk, about 20oz and it tastes amazing!  I love that after my workouts.  A couple of hours later I had a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread which may have totaled about 250 calories and tastes great.  The egg has lots of protein (yeah!) and so does the bacon and the bread (surprise!).  On my way to work a little bit later I had a banana then at work I had a peanut butter and apple butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, a cup of Strawberry and Banana Chobani yogurt, and a bowl of Campbell's chicken and brown rice soup.  Some people poke fun at the fact that I eat so much but that's ok because then I'm not a starving grump and I'm not eating junk so it's not a bad thing.  Besides, I'm positive that me eating a little bit all the time over the course of an entire day is still less than a lot of people eat just sitting down to a couple of meals a day.  Each meal is important and I really do not like to skip meals but if I have to then lunch would be one I would give up before anything else.  My biggest meal is always dinner and last night I had Sizzilini which is my favorite pasta dish and Red makes it perfectly :D

Sizzilini is a pasta dish made with angel hair/thin pasta, bell peppers, crushed red pepper, red pasta sauce, and chicken.  Sometimes we season the chicken separately from the pasta and mix it in later so it gets extra seasoning, or sometimes we just cook it with the peppers.  If you ever come to our house you should try this pasta because it is fantastic!  Now today I'm not training much/at all because I have to work, class, and study for a biochem test but tomorrow I am planning on spinning in the morning and potentially running at noon before going to work at 3.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment