Saturday, November 12, 2011

Let's get this started!

Ok, so this is the beginning of a long year of posting, thinking, training, and organizing!  Just last weekend I signed up with my fiance for the Florida Full Ironman 140.6 that will be November 3, 2012.  So since starting that up I have decided that even though the race is a year away I will call anything I do now official Ironman training lol.  This is a crazy distance to even think about doing in one week let alone all in one day so I figure early training won't kill me. Plus I'm doing other races between now and then so it's not all specifically for the Ironman.  I'm doing a half marathon in Feb, a Tough Mudder in April, full marathon in May, and a half Ironman in June.  I plan on adding something else between July and November so I'm not so packed in the beginning and empty the second half of the year!  All of the distances involved I have done before but never back to back so it's kind of nerve wracking.  I always say that fear is a strong motivator, and what could be more motivating than a race that they give you 16 hour to complete?

Of course I have an attack plan but it is a very rough attack plan!  I'm certain it will get more specific as the year progresses.  I figure eating clean will be a huge factor, obviously lots of endurance training, and I'm adding weight lifting to my resume of nonsense.  I'm not a very big person so I need to increase my power to weight ratio and see what I can come up with.  I also figure that adding weight training can't hurt anything so long as I can also gain and maintain flexibility to prevent injury!  I think I'm going to add recipes if I find something fun for clean dinners and what not and also my workouts when I remember to update on here.  I'm not really positive as to what I am doing with a blog so I'm certain that there will be other shenanigans listed in here as well.  I mean I have wedding plans, school, two jobs, training, and a slew of races going on between now and next November so all kinds of shenanigans and tom foolery shall ensue :D

2 comments:

  1. This is just the kind of blog I would expect from you. All green and orange like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to make the background red or "invisible" but that was far too boring for me :P

    ReplyDelete