Sunday, November 27, 2011

Post Thanksgiving Workout Goals

Ok, so Turkey Day was fantastic! Lots of food, family, and fun now it's time to get back into a real workout schedule and get something accomplished!  I feel like a slug because I haven't worked out since the day before Thanksgiving (Wednesday) because I've been crazy busy with work, travel, food, and more work.  Now I work again all day tomorrow but Monday is the beginning of a new week and it involves spin class!  I didn't go to spin last Monday but Red did and he said it wasn't too bad so I think I'll try it out and see what happens.  My idea goals for this week will be spinning Monday and Friday, running at lunch or lifting after class Tues/Thurs, and lifting/swimming/running after either early Wednesday morning or after work Wednesday.  I really would love to do something all 5 days next week plus play soccer after class on Thursday which will be fantastic!  If I could start and maintain this kind of a routine that would make me a very happy midget and would mean getting a lot accomplished on my journey/training for my crazy 2012 race year!  California is just 2 months away which means I really need to get training.  If I stop thinking of it as "next year" and start thinking of it realistically as two months away that may entice me to train more and quit being a couch potato.  My productivity has slacked severely and I need to work on that a lot.  I have a shirt that says "Every Damn Day" and another that says "Move Your Ass", I think I need to really think about wearing them more frequently and actually paying attention and listening to them when they say to move my ass. My new favorite quote just popped in my mind saying "I'm not done when I'm tired, I'm done when I'm finished" another variation is "Don't quit when you're tired, you can quit when you finish" but I don't like the quitting one because I don't like the idea of quitting.  I like the idea of being done with something because that is a feeling of accomplishment.  Now with that thought I shall go to bed and try to get some sleep.  I have another long day of work tomorrow and a couple of errands before even going to work plus I would like to attempt to go to church in the morning if at all possible.  Ugh, should probably go to sleep considering it's almost 1:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment