Monday, December 23, 2013

Reaching your goals

So this morning I woke up to a 5 page novel of a text message from a client visiting family out of state. Due to weather and travel schedules we will be going 2 weeks without a formal training session. I've had some clients go "Oh well, I'll pick back up after the holidays". Or "that's why people make new year's resolutions!  To deal with all the weight they put on during the holidays". I'm not a fan of these excuses, so I try to give my people some motivation or reasons to not fall off the wagon over the holidays. The text I received this morning was the complete opposite. She said "I'm trying to keep up with my workouts while I'm out here, but I want to include family. I don't want to offend you by asking, but would you mind making a few workouts for me to do with my mom and husband? ". Sure!  I proceeded to give her two butt kicking workouts where they would be easily adjusted for the less experienced and still give a workout for everyone. See, that's what people need to do. Go ahead and enjoy family time, indulge a little bit with the traditional foods, spend more time doing nothing but talking. It is the holidays, I get it,  but still take advantage of your resources and ask for workouts, assistance with foods,  whatever you need. Include friends and family and don't wait until January 1st to kick off their healthy 2014. There's a way to get everything that everyone wants and still be fun. You don't have to say "I'm eating healthy this year" or "I'm trying to lose weight so I won't eat any blah". Use your brain and eat in moderation. If you indulge a little bit then go for a workout. Instead of eating, unwrapping presents, and napping,  go play with the kids or go for a walk and enjoy quality time with a relative you only see once in a while!  Have fun and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment