Friday, December 6, 2013

Snow Day!

Snowmaggedon.  Snowphoon.  Snowpocolypse.  Whatever snow terror you wish to call this, is now upon us!  Last night it was raining and just flat out cold.  Red and I went to the UC v. Louisville game and what we got to see was a really good game.  Cincinnati really needs to work on actually catching the ball, that was our GIANT problem.  I mean we had people wide open, they would touch the ball, then let it go all the way through their hands.  Gah!  We lost in overtime so it was at least a fight the whole way.

Now, when I got up to go to work this morning all that rain was on its way to becoming freezing rain.  My car was encased in a sheet of ice, but thankfully it wasn't too thick and was really easy to get off.  My 5am, 7am, and 9am clients all came in fine, must have been an odd hour happy day.  My 6, 8, and 10ams didn't want to come in because of the weather.  Meh, 50/50 for the day.  Being in a 100% commissioned position has its ups and downs and today turned out to be an up.  We are fortunate to have a 24 hour cancellation policy, so I was able to still get paid, but it was nice to see my clients who came in are the ones really dedicated.  I did have a 12p client who didn't come in, but that wasn't because of fear for the weather, it was more because every school in Cincinnati closed before a single flake hit the ground which meant that kids were home that are normally in school.  So they couldn't leave.  But that was all before the snow ever hit the ground.  Last night I was super happy to go to the UC game and knew that I was going to have very little sleep.  So when I got home early from work I decided to take a quick nap.  You know how that goes, a quick nap turns into a couple of hours.  I laid down and it was still kind of freezing rain, but there wasn't an ounce of snow anywhere.  My mom called and woke me up 2 hours later....and there was snow everywhere.  To me it wasn't enough to warrant all the chaos, worry, and cancellations that had been going on for the past week, but it was a significant amount.  I mean, considering about a half inch had coated the ground in two hours, but it's not that bad.  Right now I'm waiting for Red to get home from work and hoping that the terrible Cincinnati drivers stay out of his way.  It snows a decent amount every single year in Cincinnati, but every year they act as if it has never snowed here.

Tomorrow is going to be very very interesting.  Hopefully the crews can get around to the streets early on because I have to work from 7a-2p tomorrow.  It should be fine though because there usually aren't many people on the roads early in the morning.  After work I'm really hoping to hit Harbin Park again and get in a nice 5-6 mile trail run in.  It should be really pretty in all of the snow.  I'll be busting out my super thick winter running tights, and probably a couple of layers on top, along with my wool socks for my run tomorrow.  The high is only supposed to be about 23 degrees :/  The upside to all of this snow is that it will insulate everything a bit, so the trails will be slippery, but hopefully not horrifically cold.  I will be layered to the max though because I don't want to be cold, but I still want to train in anything that isn't a treadmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment