Monday, October 8, 2012

4 weeks!

We have reached the 4 week mark!  This is terrifying and exciting at the same time!!  I now have 2 weeks left of high mileage/high intensity training before starting the 2 week taper.  I feel like my taper started three weeks ago, but I'm hoping to actually pick it up this week and get a lot accomplished.  I've been getting kind of bored running the same routes all the time so I decided that I would try to change it up a little bit.

There's a nice neighborhood, that isn't very big, across the road from ours and I thought I would check it out.  Well I am notorious for getting lost so I figured writing everything down for directions would be a good idea. It is a good idea so long as there aren't very many turns.  I forgot how tiny my arm was, so my little 6 mile run took up my ENTIRE arm.

Yep...That wasn't thought through..

This run didn't turn out very well anyway because it was supposed to be 6-8 miles and it turned into only 4.  Mapmyrun doesn't show gated communities that have a million signs everywhere saying "No Trespassing"  "Private Property, Trespassors will be Prosecuted".  As I was debating about running through anyway I realized that there was a giant fence going all along the property and instead of just a small gate that swung open it was a huge sliding door gate of sorts.  So much for that plan, so I turned around and migrated back home.  

On a positive note, I have 4 animals in my house, 3 cats and a dog, and they are all AWESOME!  Some people say my smallest cat is evil, but I prefer to think she's just very partial to her mother.  I am pretty much the only one that can pick her up, toss her around, snuggle her, or do whatever I want and not risk getting clawed or growled at.  The other cats are huge cuddle bugs, and my Zoey is the best dog on the planet. 

We did not stage them like this.  :D

Meekah is the giant cat on my right, Sakhmet is my tiny cat on my hip, and Zoey is my puppy by my feet!  They love to cuddle with their mommy!  

Ok, well I'm going to finish up a couple things around the house then hopefully run before going back to sleep.  I have to work tonight but fortunately I only have to work tonight and Friday this week!  Yeah!  That means lots of training this week!!  Woot!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment