Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ironman Athlete Guide is here!

Ok, so this morning I was having a little issue getting out of bed.  It's super cold and rainy outside and I was toasty warm under my covers, no likey getting out of bed.  Well I finally migrated to the kitchen for some coffee and was putzing around cleaning and then eating breakfast.  My phone made the little noise to tell me I had an email, yippee, either a bill or junk mail right?  WRONG!!!  It was the Ironman Florida Athlete Guide!!!  I went from blah to ridiculously happy in about 0.0002 seconds.  Yes the guide is kind of boring to read and it's not the most riveting material out there, but it is just another mile marker of how close we are getting to my very first Ironman!  I'm so excited!!!!

I'm hoping that this little guide will be the motivation that I need to jump start my training.  I've been picking up crazy hours at work, and the weather here in Ohio has been far less than ideal.  When i'm not working it has been roughly 50's to low 70's, not bad right?  But then add in the constant threat, or actual, rain along with a healthy dose of wind.  I've said it once and I'll say it again, I am a huge baby when it comes to training in the cold and wet conditions.  I will play soccer no matter what the conditions, but riding a bike when the lows in the mornings are in the 30's to 50's and it's sprinkling...I think not.  I did get the dreaded trainer out the other day so hopefully that will help :D.  I have noticed that my bike fitness is MUCH better than when I started this nonsense last winter.  It used to KILL me to be on the trainer for more than about 5-10 minutes because the resistance felt so crazy, now I'm fine on it resistance wise, but my attention span needs work.  I'm hoping to force myself onto the trainer more here lately so that I am forced to deal with boredom on the bike for a couple of hours at a time.  Red swears that will be my un-doing at our race, I'm really really hoping to prove him wrong!

In other news, there isn't a whole lot going on.  I may have an opportunity here soon to become a certified Personal Trainer, and get paid for it.  The only other thing that is going on is the fact that I am teaching a friends daughter gymnastics and that I'm going to get my hair cut in about 30 minutes.  Woo!  I know, exciting!  Ok, well time to get my tush to the gym, which coincidentally is where my hair appointment is :D  Lifetime has the "Lifetime Spa" where they do massages, hair stuff, and other nonsense that would probably make a lot of sense to a normal girl, but I'm just figuring it out.  I'm hoping they don't screw up my hair.  Lifetime seems to do everything from their pool maintenance, locker rooms, and work out equipment in high quality.  I'm hoping that the efforts put forth in those areas translates into the spa deal, which I think it may considering they are booked whenever I hope to just walk in to get my hair cut, Great Clips this place is not.

Later,

Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment