Friday, October 12, 2012

Ouch

The three week mark is here!!!  Next week is my last huge push of mileage before I start my 2 week taper.  I cannot wait for taper time!  I would like to say I've always considered myself to be in fairly decent shape and athletic.  I have played sports year round during high school and when I got to college I still ran and went to the pool.  When I moved to Cincinnati my sister suckered me into a 5k and distance racing became my new obsession.  I have done half marathons, full marathons, and every distance of triathlon up to a half thus far and nothing compares to all of this mileage.  Yeesh!  I have been finding new and entertaining ways to make my body perpetually sore for nearing a year now and this is the longest my legs have ever stayed this tight.  I ran 15 miles on Wednesday, that's cool, I biked the night before, swam the day before, and on Monday put myself through an intense kettle bell workout circuit.  It's Friday and my legs are still sore.  Since Wednesday I have swam nearly 3 miles, doesn't sound like much, but considering the fact that it has been done essentially with no kicking and only using my arms, that's a long way to drag your body with just your arms.  Want to know the funny thing?  I want to do it all over again.  :D  I'm crazy, I know, I'm a nut case, I know.

One of my friends just mentioned last night that Ironman Texas still has some spots if Red and I were interested.  Red of course scoffed at the idea because the race is in May, me...well I'm intrigued.  I have a new strange addiction called Ironman and I think I'm in love.  I'm incredibly tired, sore, and worn out, but I'm in love!  I have abs that are better than any time when I played soccer, I actually have calves instead of sticks, and I don't feel like I'm going to die attempting to run more than a couple of miles.  I'm ok with this!  I mean I didn't even bat an eye when I took off for a 15 mile run, I just went, yep sounds good!

Well I have to work tonight, yippee, which means sleeping during the day.  Tomorrow will bring sleep until early afternoon, then head down to Mariemont (no idea where that is) for packet pick up and a 5k run that Red talked me into, hopefully pick up my new Merrell boots that I've been wanting FOREVER, then go to the UC football game, and eventually make it home to sleep again.  This weekend means tomorrow is a rest day because, if all goes well, Sunday is going to be roughly a 7 hour training day.  I'm supposed to be on the bike for 4.5 hours, run for 1.5 hours, and swim for .5 hours.  I'm not super certain how everything will turn out but for now the weather appears to be on my side so yeah!!  7 hour training day here I come!  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment