Tuesday, October 30, 2012

En Route to Florida!

Ok, well I've talked about something exciting that has potential to happen in the near future, I was hoping to have official news of said event before Florida, but turns out they were purposely waiting until after Florida thinking I wouldn't worry about it.  Well so much for not worrying.  On a positive side though, I've been told that I don't have that much to truly worry about.

So what have I done with my new allowance of time?  Due to taper time I am no longer logging more time in athletic clothes than work clothes and have been able to sit back and relax.

My view from my back yard just a few days ago!

This was my comfort and view from the back part of my back yard just a few short days ago.  The temperatures were near the 80s, the sun was out, and I was fully able to wear shorts and flip flops without thinking twice about it.  Then "Sandy" came, yep, that awesome little hurricane, combined with a great cold front prompted "Frankenstorm".  I am very thankful that I didn't have to deal with the weather like people along the East Coast, but it still dropped literally 40 or more degrees in one day, and has since stayed lovely cold.  I was smart and took advantage of being able to have fun in the weather for one more back ride!  

Yeah, the back of my Equinox was looking a wee bit crowded and messy after my ride.  Just think, I didn't even have running stuff in that mess!  I had a blast though and remembered that I really honestly do like riding now and I always prefer to be outside instead of inside.

So after my ride and working and packing and cleaning and fill in blank here with nonsense, it was finally time for my annual pumpkin party that I have with my cousins.  This year instead of having just the one set of cousins we had both sets of cousins, my Aunt, sister, mom, and grandma over to carve pumpkins.  By the time everything was all said and done we had nearly 20 people at my house enjoying each others company, carving pumpkins, and sitting around bullshitting about anything that crossed our minds.  

Our Pumpkin Line on my front porch.

Now that I am relaxed and have found out that tapering can be enjoyable instead of scary, I'm getting ready for Florida!  I worked Sunday and Monday night in order to get my 24 hours in for work, then stayed up Tuesday so that I could sleep in the car on the way down.  We left around 2ish and just stopped in Pelham, Alabama for the night before continuing on to Panama City, Florida tomorrow morning for check in!



No comments:

Post a Comment