Saturday, October 20, 2012

So this is rest :D

You know what doesn't help a triathlete taper well?  Kona.  Kona was last weekend and all this week every blog I read, obviously triathlon related, is about Kona.  I WANT TO GO!!!  I know I have to qualify, or luck out and win a lottery spot, but I want to go!  It sounds like way too much fun to not go, plus it's in Hawaii, problem?  Nope!

So I feel like a slug because I haven't done anything in what feels like forever.  I forget that I ran 8.5 miles on Thursday then managed to accomplish virtually no sleep from 8:30am Thursday until 3:30PM Friday.  Yep, that's what working nights and not being tired does for you.  I was completely exhausted come Friday afternoon, and according to Red almost demon-like when you go to wake me up after I've been asleep for only two hours, but you'll have that.  I think in the honor of resting I will continue to not do much tomorrow as well, then do my long swim, or bike, on Monday since I'm off and it's supposed to be BEAUTIFUL out.  I am really hoping for beautiful weather for our race, not something crazy cold and ridiculous, nor super hot and death creating.  I did check the weather and all this week it's supposed to be near 80 down there, I could go for a couple degrees cooler, but not much, because in the early morning during the swim, then after the sun goes down, it could get rather chilly. 

Oh, motivation that I keep mentioning to Red is if I do some how miraculously qualify for Kona I am making my friend train me all year up to Kona.  :D  It's just a dream, but it's a fun dream!

Real quick.  I've discovered a good way to get more vitamins and goodness in my little body.  My new smoothies taste amazing.  I've been using V8 as a base, then mango, strawberries, and baby spinach for my happy little smoothie.  I can't taste the spinach, which is a huge plus, but I still get the benefits!  Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment